Glaucoma or another eye ailment might be the root cause of the pressure that you feel behind your eyes. It’s possible that you won’t have any symptoms at all in certain instances. The majority of persons who have high ocular blood pressure will describe a sensation of pressure in either one or both of their eyes.
If you’re feeling pressure behind your eyes, you could have a sinus infection or sinusitis. This is probably the most prevalent reason. Your sinuses are located between your eyes, above your eyes, below your eyes, and behind your eyes. If you have an illness that causes mucus to build up in your sinuses, it can exert pressure on your eyes, nose, and cheeks from the back of your head.
What does it mean when you have pressure behind your eyes?
Eye disorders like pink eye or allergies can produce eye pain, but not pressure. The sensation of pain is often described as being similar to that of being stabbed, burned, or stung. The pressure that is located behind the eyes might be described as a feeling of fullness or of a stretching occurring within the eye.
Can headaches cause pressure behind the eyes?
- It’s possible that headaches might be causing the pressure behind your eyes.
- According to the American Migraine Foundation, headaches and pain around the eyes frequently go hand in hand with each other.
- However, they also point out that the majority of headaches are of the migraine or tension kind, and that these types of headaches have nothing to do with eye strain or illnesses that are associated to it.
Why do my eyes hurt behind my eyes?
- Infections of the sinuses and allergies to the sinuses can occur because the sinuses are located between the eyes, above the eyes, below the eyes, and behind the eyes.
- When a disease causes them to fill with mucus, they can put pressure on the surrounding region, which can lead to discomfort in the eyes, nose, and around the cheeks.
- This pain can be caused by a variety of conditions.
- In particular, sphenoid sinusitis has been associated to a painful sensation behind the eyes.