Take acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen (Motrin)for pain relief as needed.
Wash the sting site with soap and water.
Placing hydrocortisone cream on the sting can help relieve redness, itching, and swelling.
If it’s been more than 10 years since your last tetanus booster, get a booster within the next few days.
How do you treat a bee sting at home?
These home remedies may help relieve bee sting symptoms:
- Honey. Honey may help with wound healing, pain, and itching.
- Baking soda. A paste made of baking soda and water can help neutralize bee venom to reduce pain, itching, and swelling.
- Apple cider vinegar.
- Meat tenderizer.
- Wet aspirin tablet.
- Herbs and oils.
How long does it take for bee stings to heal?
The team at Medical News Today suggests that “the swelling from a bee sting may peak at around 48 hours after you’ve been stung, but it usually should be completely gone within a few days and maximum a week”.
Why is my bee sting still hurting?
As long as you’re not allergic to bee venom, your immune system will react to the sting by sending fluids there to flush out the melittin, causing swelling and redness. The pain may last several days, but can be soothed with a cold compress or an antihistamine. Like you, dogs and cats suffer pain from bee stings, too.
How do you cure a sting?
For mild reactions
- Move to a safe area to avoid more bites or stings.
- If needed, remove the stinger.
- Wash the area with soap and water.
- Apply a cool compress.
- Apply 0.5 or 1 percent hydrocortisone cream, calamine lotion or a baking soda paste to the bite or sting several times daily until your symptoms go away.