Once you reach the age of 21, you have pretty much reached all of the pinnacles of maturity in the United States (except for boring ones, like renting a car or acquiring an AARP card), yet it is really not all that shocking that the majority of individuals do not genuinely feel like an adult at that age. To clarify, I reached the age of majority during my junior year in college.
If you’ve ever felt like a ″fake grownup,″ you’re not alone: A recent study found that the average person does not begin to experience feelings consistent with those of a mature adult until they are 29 years old. Fly Research, based in the United Kingdom, conducted the study by asking 2,000 adults in that country about the age at which their inner child became more subdued.
What are the signs of being a mature adult?
- As it turns out, millennials believe that taking showers, doing the laundry, and washing the dishes are all marks of being an adult who is mature and responsible.
- If you continue reading, you will find forty ways that millennials believe you are maturing into a fully functional adult, even if it may not seem that way.
- You have a solid job.
- Millennials need a source of income in order to be able to pay their expenses.
When do you consider someone an adult?
- It’s possible that when someone reaches a certain age, such as 18 or 21 or 30, you consider them to be an adult.
- In any event, it’s probable that you have some sense of identity that gives you hints as to whether you are a child or an adult.
- These hints may be used to determine your status.
- On the other hand, everyone has a unique approach to identifying what constitutes a critical condition.
What factors make you feel like an adult?
- According to the Independent, the research was carried out by Fly Research in order to determine what factors individuals identify with becoming maturity.
- Home ownership is the most important factor in determining whether an individual feels like an adult or an adolescent, whereas monetary dependence on one’s parents is the most important factor in determining whether an individual feels like an adolescent or an adult.
What age does adulthood begin?
The firms conducted interviews with 2,000 people aged 18 and older in the United Kingdom and discovered that the majority of respondents do not believe adulthood begins until the age of 29. According to the Independent, the research was carried out by Fly Research in order to determine what factors individuals identify with becoming maturity.