- Even while most cases of coughing are not harmful, a severe case of the condition can break bones, cause blood, or make a person throw up.
- People have been known to throw up after having a particularly violent cough because the muscles that are activated during the cough reflex are also the muscles that are responsible for vomiting.
- It is not something that one should typically be excessively concerned about.
What are the symptoms of a viral cough and vomiting?
- Your symptoms, particularly the respiratory issues, indicate that you should be evaluated, especially if you have been throwing up and coughing.
- It’s possible that you have pneumonia or sinusitis.
- Read more to find out what happens next.
- My cough has been viral for the past 5 days.
- I, too, experienced an episode of vomiting.
- The vomit has not yet been completely expelled.
I’m getting the impression that I’m about to throw up, along with discomfort and pain in my throat.Infection caused by a virus:
Why does my cough make me vomit?
Tobacco use: the cough that smokers experience can be either dry or wet, and it can lead to vomiting as well as other severe health problems such as emphysema. postnasal drip occurs when mucus that has been created drops down the back of the throat. This causes coughing fits, which in turn can cause an individual to throw up.