What are the symptoms of a strained stomach muscle?
If people have pulled a muscle, they may notice the following symptoms in and around the abdomen:
- soreness or tenderness.
- pain or discomfort when touching the abdomen.
- muscle spasms.
- difficulty stretching the muscle.
- pain when moving or stretching.
- pain after an injury or excessive exercise.
How long does a pulled stomach muscle take to heal?
A mild strain may heal within a few weeks. A more severe strain may take 6 weeks or longer.
How do you rehab a torn stomach muscle?
- Lie down with your knees bent and your arms at your sides. Keep your feet flat on the floor.
- Lift your head and shoulders up.
- Hold for 6 seconds.
- Relax and return to your starting position.
- Repeat 8 to 12 times.
- Repeat the same steps on your other side.
What is a tear in the abdominal wall?
An abdominal wall strain occurs when one of its muscles or tendons is either stretched, torn, or ruptured, causing a tear the may be large enough to allow a section of bowel to protrude into the abdominal wall. Abdominal wall strain is usually caused by overuse or by an incident that results in injury.