What are the first signs of hip problems?
Symptoms of a hip problem may include:
- pain in the hip joint (usually felt in the groin area)
- referred pain to the thigh and knee.
- reduced range of motion.
- muscle stiffness.
- pain when trying to put weight through the leg on the affected side.
Where is hip pain felt?
Hip pain is often felt in the groin or on the outside of the hip directly over where the hip joint (a ball-and-socket joint) is located.
How do I know if my hip pain is serious?
Ask someone to drive you to urgent care or the emergency room if your hip pain is caused by an injury and is accompanied by:
- A joint that appears deformed.
- Inability to move your leg or hip.
- Inability to bear weight on the affected leg.
- Intense pain.
- Sudden swelling.
- Any signs of infection (fever, chills, redness)