How long does it take to feel the effects of Prozac?
Sleep, energy, or appetite may show some improvement within the first 1-2 weeks. Improvement in these physical symptoms can be an important early signal that the medication is working. Depressed mood and lack of interest in activities may need up to 6-8 weeks to fully improve.
What is the most common side effect of Prozac?
Common fluoxetine side effects may include:
- sleep problems (insomnia), strange dreams;
- headache, dizziness, vision changes;
- tremors or shaking, feeling anxious or nervous;
- pain, weakness, yawning, tired feeling;
- upset stomach, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea;
- dry mouth, sweating, hot flashes;
Does Prozac give you energy?
It works by restoring the balance of a chemical in the brain (serotonin) by blocking its reuptake into the nerve cells. Appetite, mood, sleep, and energy level may improve while using Prozac. This medication may help restore an interest in daily living.
What does it feel like to be on antidepressants?
Antidepressants help relieve the symptoms of depression and associated anxiety. They do not make you euphoric, but simply help you react more realistically in your emotional responses. You may notice, for example, that you take in your stride little things that used to worry you or get you down.