What site is commonly used to feel a pulse quizlet?
located at the thumb side of the WRIST approximately 1 inch above the base of the thumb. This is the most commonly used site for obtaining a pulse rate. When measuring the pulse at the carotid site, compress only one side at a time. You just studied 9 terms!
Which is the most common site for taking a pulse?
What are all the pulse sites?
Terms in this set (8)
- radial pulse. located at the thumb side of the wrist.
- carotid pulse. used during emergencies and when performing CPR.
- brachial pulse. found in inner elbow commonly used to obtain b/p measurements.
- temporal pulse.
- femoral pulse.
- popliteal pulse.
- dorsalis pedis pulse.
- Apical pulse.
Where are the 9 pulse sites in a person’s body?
Terms in this set (9)
- Temporal. temples.
- Carotid. neck.
- Apical. heart/chest.
- Brachial. elbow.
- Femoral. groin.
- Popliteal. knee.
- Dorsalis Pedis. top of foot.
- Posterior Tibial. behind ankle.