- Included on the list of possible external causes of nipple burning are: a bra that does not fit quite correctly
- A different brand of dishwashing liquid or shower gel
- Dry skin/chapping
- Direct contact with chemicals, such as while swimming in a pool that is chlorinated
- Sex in the rough
Pain that is described as burning and feels similar to that caused by a rug burn can be caused by friction from clothes or other materials. It’s possible that the discomfort is intermittent or it might be persistent. In addition to these possible triggers, nipple discomfort can also be brought on by an allergic response to newly purchased apparel, laundry detergent, or cosmetic products.
What does it mean when your nipples Ache?
- When you get a painful sensation on your nipple, such as hurting, burning, throbbing, tingling, or tenderness, you are experiencing nipple discomfort.
- The majority of nipple discomfort is natural and should not be any cause for alarm.
- It could be the result of an allergic response, dermatitis, hormonal shifts, sunburn, or sexual activity.
- Nipple inflammation is not very common, but when it does occur, it may need a visit to the doctor.
Why do my nipples burn when I breastfeed?
Breastfeeding is the most prevalent cause of nipple burning because of the continual friction that is created while suckling by the newborn, which causes pain and burning of the nipples.